What We're Liking Lately
- Booker T. Jones's current live show. Check out a YouTube playlist of some of the set list as well as Amy's pictures and video clips from the show in Athens, GA, on February 27. -- Amy
- You can also look at pictures and video clips of Jay Gonzalez, the opener, with his acoustic keytar. Or sample his music on YouTube -- Amy
- Movie Freak: My Life Watching Movies, Owen Gleiberman -- Randy
- Until Dawn -- Joe
- Another World, the now defunct soap opera, for which Anne Heche won a Daytime Emmy. Check out the list of "Before they were famous" guest appearances
- Antipodes Map!
- One viewer's take on the differences in the Lester and Donner cuts of Superman II
- Mallrats conversation about Superman coitus
- Robert Kennedy did indeed write in his book The Pursuit of Justice "Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on." However, he prefaced it with "In the words of the old saying." Amy's a lazy librarian, so someone else should go look up where it actually originated.
- Sarah Douglas is still pretty
- Bruce Timm, one of the influential artists working on Justice League
- Boing Boing's post about the Playmate gallery
- Justice League opening credits
- It looks like Tuesday Morning Quarterback is now part of a NYT blog
- The best bits of that Vanity Fair interview with Jennifer Garner, along with commentary by the Fug Girls
- The problem with learning your culture through the written word is that you often don't know how to pronounce things. So, with that in mind, Amy would like to let you know that the correct way to say "louche" is so that the vowel sound rhymes with coo, not cow. (She used it to describe Stamp's Zod.) Also, Beethoven's "Eroica" is not pronounced remotely like the way Amy mangled it. Say "heroic." Now add an "uh" to the end. Take of the aitch sound. Change the first vowel from ee to uh. There, now you've got it.
On the Next Show
Randy asked for underrated works, so Amy chose the little seen/known film The Life Before Her Eyes for Uma Thurman's performance, while Joe picked one of Louisa May Alcott's books that has nothing to do with the March family: Eight Cousins.
Where to find the podcast
Subscribe and rate us at iTunes
We are also available on the Stitcher app.