Merry Christmas, everyone! As one of our last podcasts of the year, we decided to share recommendations that we all thought our individual cohosts would like but we've never had the chance to bring up on the show yet. Each of us picked a book and a movie for the other two hosts and we came up with some great stuff, from the highbrow to Kevin Bacon.
In the spirit of Christmas, we un-sacked them and they made up for it by re-editing the podcast so it's now complete. They also got rid of the John Denver, so we're giving them a bonus.
- Amy conflated the name of the Wimsey sequel and its author. It's "The Attenbury Emeralds" by Jill Walsh.
- If you want to listen to the audio of the Truffaut/Hitchcock interviews, here ya go.
- This is the cover of Rules of Civility to which Joe refers at one point.
- "Paperman" short film
- The Baltimore/D.C. film critic Amy was trying to think of is Stephen Hunter
- We're assuming this is the Tam Lin cover that Joe doesn't care for much. This other common one seems fairly unobjectionable.
"The 12 Days of Christmas" - Bob and Doug McKenzie
"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" - Gene Pitney