Joe's got a cold and sounds like it, Amy's got a cold and sounds perfectly healthy next to Joe. Randy lives in the land of socialized medicine and is fine.
Joe had the theme for this time around and asked for "lady detectives."
Intro Music: "We Used to Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols
Exit Music: "It's a Shame about Ray" by The Lemonheads
- Amy's still working her way through "Transparent" and is trying to get caught up on "Arrow."
- Randy's watching "The Comeback" but he's not sure if he's ready to talk about it yet.
- Joe got his vroom on, watching "Fast Five" and "The Fast and Furious 6"
- Joe's right that Martin Starr, James Franco, and Dave Allen are all Freaks & Geeks alumni who show up in "Veronica Mars." However, an imdb overlap search reveals that Percy Daggs III (Wallace) was "Mathlete #2" in a F&G episode.
- It is Rob Thomas who's written both of the Veronica Mars books so far: 2014's The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line and 2015's Mr. Kiss and Tell
- Rob Thomas's non-Veronica Mars book, written prior to the tv show, is Rats Saw God
- Logan's yellow Nissan was an Xterra:
Amy asked for "Runners-up." Joe's having us read Walter Tevis's 1981 book Mockingbird, which was nominated for a Nebula but lost to Timescape by Gregory Benford. Randy's happy to have a reason finally to select for the podcast "Fish Tank" which won the Jury Prize at Cannes in 2009, but did not win the Palme D'Or which went to "The White Ribbon." I guess director Andrea Arnold will have to console herself with her Best British Film BAFTA.
Where to find the podcast itself and us
Listen at Podomatic
Subscribe and rate us at iTunes
We are also available on the Stitcher app.