What We've Been Liking Lately
- Big Hero 6 (Matt)
- Jenny Lawson's Furiously Happy (Amy)
- Grimm (Amy)
- We Are Still Here (Joe)
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Joe)
- Ponyo (Joe)
- Deadpool currently has a release date of February 12, 2016 (Happy Valentine's Day!)
- Zombi 2 by Lucio Fulci is the film Joe discusses in his recommendation of We Are Still Here
- If you want your very own signed first edition of Furiously Happy and are not lucky enough to live near a bookshop that has some, Amy's favorite local bookstore, Avid Bookshop, is happy to deliver anywhere in the country.
- The Frighteners was not Weta's first film. That honor goes to Peter Jackson's previous feature film Heavenly Creatures. Their first credited work on imdb is for the television show Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. However, their own site lists works as far back as a Ray Bradbury Theatre episode from 1987, although it doesn't specify in what capacity Weta was involved.
- Andie MacDowell was actually born in South Carolina, not North Carolina. Her family did have a summer home in North Carolina when she was growing up. She currently resides in California.
- Here is information from the Pew Forum about religious affiliation in Chicago. If you're Team Joe, you'll note that Catholicism is the most represented denomination. If you're Team Amy, you'll note that non-Catholic Christians outnumber Catholics. And that only 1 in 3 Chicagoans identify as Catholic. Choose your side and show your work in the comments.
- Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler is a book similar to Baker's that Matt also recommends
- Wookey, England
- Listen to Elna Baker tell her FAO Schwarz story about the baby dolls
On the Next Show
Amy went with the simple theme, "I Liked It Better Than I Thought I Would. Way Better." Guest host Michael Guarnieri is having us read Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead (later made into the movie The 13th Warrior). Joe's having us watch Jon Favreau's Zathura (which is streaming on US Netflix).